Emma is currently...

  • Addicted to: Fruit and nut mix
  • Listening to: Band of Joy - Robert Plant
  • Reading: Naples '44 - Norman Lewis

Friday 23 April 2010

Good Day!

Today is a Good Day!

Aside from the obvious fact it's Friday, here are the reasons why today is a Good Day:

  • It is St George's Day, when all the good folk of England run around slaying dragons in tribute to our glorious patron saint. They just played Jerusalem on Classic FM. Everyone loves Jerusalem. It's where William Blake goes all patriotic and decides that England is a "green and pleasant land", and everyone ignores the existence of "London" and the fact that William Blake is clearly a miserable old sod who hates London and everyone in it.
  • It is also Shakespeare's birthday. Well, we don't really know when Shakespeare's birthday was but today is our best guess. So happy birthday, Will! (We'll ignore the fact it's also Shakespeare's death day, as that would make today a Bad Day, which it is decidedly not.)
  • The weather is GORGEOUS and I am wearing a summer dress! Despite the fact I have not gone outside. But my window is wide open, and next door's kids appear to have disappeared somewhere which is brilliant because I no longer have to listen to them screaming "MUMMY LOOK AT ME ON THE TRAMPOLINE I CAN BOUNCE WHEEEEEEEEEEE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE ARGH WAHHHHHHHHHHH MUMMY I SCRAPED MY KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" I might climb out onto the roof later and bask in the sun. Like a lizard.
  • Essay progress is finally being made. Words are being written. Samuel Pordage and John Dryden and I are getting it on, in a big literary threesome, in which many idea-babies are being conceived. Okay, that was a really weird and perverse metaphor, and I am going to take this opportunity to sign off because Neighbours is about to start anyway.
But to conclude, today is a GOOD DAY, and we should all be happy. The violence of my extreme mood swings does concern me sometimes!

1 comment:

Tori said...

Yay for good days! And those are a lot of good reasons for a good day. Especially nice weather and being caught up on homework enough to enjoy it. :)