Emma is currently...

  • Addicted to: Fruit and nut mix
  • Listening to: Band of Joy - Robert Plant
  • Reading: Naples '44 - Norman Lewis

Saturday 30 January 2010

Asda is a traumatic experience.

I literally think I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

This afternoon my friend was driving to Asda and I asked to tag along. Asda on a Saturday is a scary, scary place. If you're not from the UK and don't know the stereotype of Asda, this satirizes it pretty well. I felt like I was about to break down in tears in the middle of the aisle because I couldn't find what I wanted and everyone kept bashing into me with their trolleys and there were some really scary people in there, parents literally screaming at their children and a woman talking very loudly about her husband's extra-marital escapades...

It was traumatising. I have never felt so pathetic and middle-class in my life. I felt like people were looking at my basket of asparagus tips and Jordan's Country Crisp and wensleydale with cranberries in absolute digust, thinking, why don't you just go back to Waitrose huh?

Oh gosh... I'm such a snob...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma, you should really try mingling with a crowd more. I mean, what's so scary about a grocery store with trolley-bumping customers, screaming parents and noisy wives talking about their husbands escapades? Wait, I take it back. That is scary!

p.s. There's nothing wrong with being middle-class, is there?